READ ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USE OR REGISTRATION ON LAWS.COM. THROUGH YOUR ACCESS AND USE OF THIS WEBSITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. PARTICIPATION IN LAWS.COM ADVERTISING PLATFORM INDICATED THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THESE TERMS, DO NOT REGISTER OR USE THIS WEBSITE.
DEFINITIONS. For the purposes of this agreement, “you” or “User” refers to the visitor or user of the website. “You” or “Advertiser” refers to the business entity purchasing advertising. “Us,” “we,” “the Company” and “our” refers to Laws.com. “Ad,” “Ads” and “Advertising Platform” will refer to any advertisement placed on Laws.com. “Ad Hyperlink” refers to any highlighted text that directs to your Ad. “Electronic ads” refers to all ads on this website be they in-content, profile or banner advertising. “Agreement” refers to the terms and conditions agreement you are currently reading.
- CONSENT FOR EMAILS. By accepting this agreement, you consent to receive emails from Laws.com, including emails of a commercial nature. You may unsubscribe from receiving emails.
- All materials on this site, including the Company logo, texts, graphics, information, data and other files are proprietary property of the Company and are protected by US and international copyright law. The look and design of the site must not be copied in whole or part without our prior permission. All other trademarks present on this site are property of their respective owners. Users are granted a limited license to print hard copies of this site for personal informational use only. Commercial use is prohibited. The limited license is subject to Laws.com Terms and Conditions and does not authorize public display and distribution of site materials, modification of site materials, downloading of any part of the Site or any other uses of site materials that are not explicitly authorized by this agreement. Nothing in this agreement can be construed to mean licensing of the intellectual property rights of the Company. The Company reserves the right to revoke this license at any time. The contents of laws.com are to be used for personal, noncommercial uses only. Any article or content can be downloaded as long as you include “Copyright © 2011, Laws.com, Corp. All right reserved” or other copyright notices included in the content. Any use of the content not expressly permitted by the terms and conditions may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. Content is subject to change without notice in the editorial discretion of Laws.com and its writers.
Should you violate any of these terms and conditions, you lose permission to use the content and must destroy any copies of the content you have made.
All images, videos and media published on the site may not be used in any way published, retransmitted, reproduced or redistributed by any user or third party.
- You are allowed, by way of limited license, the right to create text hyperlinks to any material on this site. This hyperlink must be for noncommercial purposes and must not portray the Company is a false, misleading or derogatory light. The linking site must not contain spam, illegal or offensive material, including any material that is adult in nature or otherwise objectionable. This right can be revoked at any time by the company. This hyperlink policy should not be used to construed and implied as a right to the intellectual property of the Company.
- PROTECTING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. You may not upload, embed, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available on LAWS.COM any materials that infringe on copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property right of any person or entity.
If you believe that your own work has been copied and posted on or through our services in a way, which constitutes copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property violation, please contact us immediately. The address of our agent for notices of alleged intellectual property infringements is: Laws.com, 40 Fulton Street, New York, NY 10038.
- THIRD PARTY SITES. Your use of third party websites, including third party merchants, is subject to the terms and conditions of use of the applicable third party website. We have no control over such third party websites, and the inclusion on LAWS.COM of a hyperlink to any third party website is not our endorsement of such website, or of any content, products or services available on it. Any questions, complaints, or claims related to any product or service provided by any third party website should be directed to that website. NOTHING ON THIS SITE INCLUDING REFERENCES TO ORGANIZATIONS, EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS, PUBLICATIONS, RATINGS, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND PROCESSES WILL BE CONSTRUED OR IMPLIED AS AN ENDORSEMENT OR AFFILIATION WITH THE COMPANY.
Third-party advertising will be used on this site. Any relationship between the user and Third-party placing the advertising is solely between the user and the party. The Company is not responsible or liable for losses or damages that result from dealing with that third party. As is the case with this site, all claims, information and services provided by the Third-Party must be evaluated by the user.
- LAWS.COM DOES NOT WARRANT THAT IT WILL OPERATE AN ERROR-FREE WEBSITE, OR THAT LAWS.COM AND ITS SERVERS ARE ALWAYS FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL FILES.
IF YOUR USE OF LAWS.COM OR CONTENT RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACEMENT OF EQUIPMENT OR DATA, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THESE COSTS. OUR SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES. COMPANY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR USE, AND WARRANTY OF COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK, PATENT AND OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NON-INFRINGEMENT. ALL CONTENT IS FOR INFORMATIONAL USE ONLY AND COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF OUR CONTENT, SERVICES, SOFTWARE, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND LINKS. ALL CONTRIBUTIONS BY CONTRIBUTORS ON THE SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO HEALTH AND LEGAL INFORMATION IS NOT SCREENED, APPROVED OR ENDORSED BY THE COMPANY. The company reserves the right to screen, approve and edit information that appears on the site without notice, but is not expected to guarantee the accuracy, completeness, currency or qualification of the information provided. NO ADVICE SHOULD BE CONSTRUED AS PRIVILEGED INFORMATION. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR USE OF THIS SITE AND DETERMINING THE SUITABILITY OF INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN. YOU ALONE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR VETTING ANY AND ALL PROFESSIONALS HIRED FOR YOUR LEGAL OR HEALTH MATTERS. IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY OR ANY OF ITS CORPORATE AFFILIATES, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS OR CONSULTANTS, OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND.
The coverage includes but is not limited to medical outcomes, outcome of legal issues, loss of profits or loss of data. This is regardless of action as a result of in contract, tort or otherwise, arising out of or in any way related to or connected with any use of the site, the services, the content or the materials contained in or accessed through the site. All information on this site must be verified by the user and through use of this site; the user will not hold Laws.com responsibility for any losses incurred when acting on advice, information and opinions posted on the Site.
- NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. ALL INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE ON THE SITE IS NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE AND DOES NOT CONSTRUE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. ALL INFORMATION IS PRESENTED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. ALL INFORMATION ENTERED BY YOU ON THE SITE IS PUBLIC, THEREFORE NO PRIVATE OR SENSITIVE INFORMATION SHOULD BE ENTERED ANYWHERE ON THE SITE.
- By signing this agreement, you agree to indemnify Laws.com from damages, expenses and reasonable attorney fees that result from the publishing of your electronic advertising or use of this website. You will hold harmless the company, corporate affiliates, contractors, service providers, consultants, employees and agents from claims, liability, expenses arising from your relationship with this site.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL LAWS.COM BE HELD LIABLE FOR THE CONTENT OF THE INFORMATION, DATA, TEXT, SOFTWARE, MUSIC, SOUND, PHOTOGRAPHS, GRAPHICS, VIDEOS, APPLICATIONS, ADVERTISEMENTS, MESSAGES AND OTHER MATERIALS, TRANSMITTED, SUBMITTED, POSTED AND DISPLAYED ON, THROUGH, OR IN CONNECTION WITH LAWS.COM.
IN NO EVENT SHALL LAWS.COM BE HELD LIABLE FOR THE COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK, PATENT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY VIOLATIONS COMMITTED BY ANY PERSON OR ENTITY WITH ACCESS TO OUR WEBSITE.
IN NO EVENT SHALL LAWS.COM BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCURRED BY YOU AS THE RESULT OF YOUR USE OF LAWS.COM. IN NO EVENT SHALL LAWS.COM BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF CONTENT, INCOME OR PROFITS INCURRED BY YOU AS THE RESULT OF YOUR USE OF LAWS.COM. IN NO EVENT SHALL LAWS.COM BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCURRED BY YOU AS THE RESULT OF THE USE OF THIRD PARTY WEBSITES, OR AS THE RESULT OF YOUR RELIANCE ON THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISING, PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR OTHER CONTENT OR MATERIALS OF SUCH THIRD PARTY WEBSITES, OR AS THE RESULT OF YOUR TRANSACTIONS WITH SUCH THIRD PARTY WEBSITES.
THESE LIMITATIONS ON OUR LIABILITY SHALL APPLY, WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE WE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES. NOTHING IN THESE TERMS, HOWEVER, IS INTENDED TO EXCLUDE OR RESTRICT SUCH LIABILITY, WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR RESTRICTED UNDER THE LAW.
- ACCOUNT SECURITY. If you register for an account on this site, you will provide accurate, current and complete information about you as promoted by the system. The user is required to keep passwords and other identification safe. The user must update registration data accordingly. The user accepts all risks related to the authorized access to an account as a result of losing the password or other account credentials. In addition, you agree not to access or use, or attempt to access or use, the Site or any part thereof using the identity or the Registration Data of any person other than you.
- CANCELLATION OF SERVICE. The advertiser is allowed to cancel advertising on the advertising platform with prior written notice to the Company. Notice can be provided through an online cancellation function provided by the company or through electronic mail. Once notice is received, the Company will work to cancel service pursuant to the terms of this agreement. There is no guarantee that all services can be cancelled immediately upon notification of cancellation prior to the agreed term of the advertising agreement, in that case Advertiser must pay for those electronic ads. All services cancelled will be subject to the provisions for those services in this agreement after the cancellation. Notwithstanding any of these Laws.com Terms and Conditions, Company reserves the right, without notice and in its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate your license to use the Site or Laws.com Advertising Platform at any time.
- Prohibited Uses; License Grant; Representations and Warranties. Advertiser grants the Company all rights, without limitation to any copyright, trademark, patent and other rights needed to fulfill the functionality of the advertising platform. This will include the right to transmit, store, modify, distribute and copy information provided to the Company for the purposes of fulfilling the provisions of this agreement. The advertiser shall not engage in practices such as generate automated, fraudulent or invalid clicks or queries on the advertising platform, advertise any illegal or fraudulent practices , collect data from any program or advertising campaign without the permission of the Company or authorize any party to violate the terms of this agreement on their behalf. The advertiser warrants and grants that all information provided to the Company is truthful, current and complete, that any use of the information provided to the company will not result in the violation of third party laws, regulations and other rights through the use of this information to fulfill the provisions of this agreement. The advertiser must assert that the advertising provided does not violate copyright laws or infringe of the intellectual property of third parties. Advertising provided to this site will not contain criminal content or material that would hold Laws.com liable for a violation of a third party’s rights.Violations of any of these provisions will constitute the immediate termination of this Agreement and the advertiser’s account, without notice and will subject the advertiser to applicable legal penalties.
- ADVERTISING DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. NEITHER PARTY WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFIT, REVENUE, LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA, INTEREST, GOODWILL, INTERRUPTION OR DAMAGES OF BUSINESS). LAWS.COM DENIES ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITHOUT LIMITATION FOR NONINFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR ANY PURPOSE. LAWS.COM, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, DENIES ALL GUARANTEES REGARDING POSITIONING, LEVELS, QUALITY, OR TIMING OF CLICK THROUGH RATES, COSTS PER CLICK, CLICKS, AVAILABILITY AND DELIVERY OF ANY IMPRESSIONS OR ADS, CONVERSIONS OR OTHER RESULTS FOR ANY ADS OR TARGETS, THE ACCURACY OF DATA AND THE PLACEMENT OF ADS. USER UNDERSTANDS THAT THIRD PARTIES MAY PRODUCE IMPRESSIONS OR CLICKS ON USER’S ADS FOR IMPROPER PURPOSES, AND USER ACCEPTS THE RISK OF THESE IMPRESSIONS AND CLICKS. LAWS.COM HOLDS THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE PROFILE MEMBERSHIP AT ANY TIME AT ITS DISCRETION. ADVERTISING AND ATTORNEY PROFILE FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. NO LIABILITY TO THE ADVERTISER WILL EXCEED THE FEES PAID BY THE ADVERTISER NO PARTY IS RESPONSIBLE FOR FAILURE RESULTING FROM A CONDITION BEYOND REASONABLE CONTROL (NATURAL DISASTER, TERRORISM, POWER FAILURES, GOVERNEMNT, ETC).
- Advertiser is responsible for all charges up to the amount of each order in advertiser’s account or in written form and is required to pay all charges in U.S. Dollars. Unless agreed in writing, advertiser is responsible for non-refundable charges for the marketing and advertising fees for the services ordered. If advertiser suspects invalid clicks, it must be reported to advertising.laws.com within two months of the charge, if reported after two months, advertiser willl be held responsible for the charges. Late payments may have late fees applicable. Charges are based on Laws.com’s measurements in advertising platform, unless otherwise stated. During the term purchased by the advertiser, Laws.com agrees to display the advertisement on the website. Laws.com will make no guarantee or offer no warranty and the location of the advertising. Continued placement of advertising hinges on payment of required fees. Terms of the agreement are monthly and the term begins once the advertisement has been posted to the site. Advertiser will make payments as stated on the Company’s billing statements within 30 days of the billing date. Failure to make payment will invalidate the contract and hold the Advertiser responsible for the reimbursement of costs related to the collection of the balance owed to the Company. Failure to make payment releases the Company of any obligation to place advertising on behalf of the Advertiser.
Posted advertisement rates do not include state and local taxes. Current or future taxes on online advertising will be paid by the Advertiser. All prices will remains as posted in the event of an added tax. User is responsible for all tax.
- PROFESSIONAL ADVERTISING AND COMMUNICATIONS. It is solely the responsibility of professionals to ensure that any information or advertisements they post or place on the Laws.com website (including without limitation any Professional Information), and any communications they may have with prospective clients or patients through the Site and the Services, fully comply with all applicable laws and rules of professional conduct, including those concerning the unauthorized practice of law or medicine and those regulating the form, manner or content of communications with clients or patients, advertising, or other matters.
- MODIFICATION OF ADVERTISING. If the advertiser wishes to alter or otherwise modify existing information in an advertisement, they should do so from their account. If Advertiser is having issues changing such information, he should contact Laws.com advertising department. Advertiser grants Laws.com the right to make changes to the ads. If the advertiser no longer exists as a legal entity or is otherwise out of business, the Advertising Platform reserves the right to remove the advertisement without penalty. Advertisers may not sell or advertise products or services that no longer exist. All ads can be rejected and removed by Laws.com at its sole discrition, at any time; Ads may be delayed or suspended due to review at any time
- Advertiser agrees to arbitration to settle all disputes arising from the terms of this agreement. Parties have the right to legal counsel to review this agreement prior to agreeing to its terms.
- These Terms constitute the agreement between you and Laws.com. You do accept these Terms once you begin using this website. If any provision of this agreement is found unenforceable, the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect. If company fails to enforce any provision of this agreement, it will not be considered a waiver of enforceability or a waiver of the provision.
We reserve the right to modify these Terms at any time. Each such modification will be effective upon posting on our website. Your continued use of our services following any such modification constitutes your agreement to be bound by, and your acceptance of, the Terms as modified. It is important that you review these Terms regularly.
If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms, you must discontinue your use of our services immediately.