Home default


Mayor Bloomberg: “Send Illegals to Detroit”

Mayor Bloomberg: “Send Illegals to Detroit”

New York Mayor, Michael Bloomberg, offered a startling fix to the vexing problems associated with illegal immigration and Rust Belt Stagnation—send immigrants to struggling metropolises such as Detroit. The remarks by the Billionaire Mayor have sparked debate throughout the country. Bloomberg claims, that by steering illegal workers to struggling cities, the individuals would ultimately revitalize damaged
economies while posing no threat to those looking for work in stagnant or
booming markets.

Bloomberg stated on NBC’s “Meet the Press”, the following cure-all to our nation’s illegal immigration problem, “I’ll give you a good example of how you can fix some of the problems in America. Take a good look at the big old industrial cities, like Detroit. The population has left. You got to do something about that. And I were the federal government I would pass a law letting immigrants come in as long as they agree to go to Detroit and live there for five or 10 years, start businesses, take jobs, whatever.”

Detroit, the once car manufacturing capital of the world, has experienced a 25 percent decrease in population over the past decade. Additionally, the Motor City is home to nearly 90,000 vacant housing units and a staggering unemployment rate. Although the comments sound harsh, many economists agree
that Bloomberg’s radical and alternative proposal would populate Detroit overnight and offer momentum to help revitalize the proud city.

On the surface these comments seem somewhat hateful or demeaning; however, the Mayor went onto affirm America’s need for immigrants. In the same interview, Bloomberg said, “This was a country built by immigrants and unless we continue to have immigrants, we cannot maintain as a superpower.”

Calculated removal of Osama Bin Laden

Know Your Terrorist

Following the calculated removal of Osama Bin Laden, the
United States Military Forces are in the process of uncovering a wealth of
information from the computers and electrical devices taken from the ring
leader’s lair. The killing of Bin Laden not only represents a symbolic and
legitimate step to end the war on terror, but the massive amounts of
intelligence gathered from the terrorist’s compound could help thwart future al
Qaeda attacks and diminish the overall power of the terror organization.

A senior US official told various media outlets that an
initial check of the computers and electric devices uncovered from Bin Laden’s
not-so hidden hideout “contain very valuable information”, including details of
the terrorist groups’ shadowy financial outlets.

Currently, investigators and officials of the United States
Federal Government are scouring the hard drives, cellphones, thumb drives and
various electronic devices for target words such as “explosives” or “wedding”—a
common dummy term used by Al Qaeda members to mask upcoming bombings.
Furthermore, the American agents are searching for any leads that could
identify previously unknown terrorists, networks or their tactics.

Attorney General Eric Holder told the Senate Judiciary
Committee on Wednesday that he was confident that the obtainment of Bin Laden’s
electronic devices, recovered in the leader’s cushy Pakistan retreat, would
unveil new terrorists to the United States’ watch list.

Japanese Workers committing the Ultimate Sacrifice:

Japanese Workers committing the Ultimate Sacrifice:

During the early hours on May 5, 2011, Japanese workers
entered a reactor building at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant for the
first time since the horrific 9.0 earthquake and ensuing tsunami rocked the

The facility’s operator, the Tokyo Electric Power Company,
stated that the workers went into the No. 1 reactor building before noon (local
time) to install air ducts for a ventilation system that will ultimately reduce
radioactive substance by filtering of the toxic air.

During this entry, radioactive levels remain extremely
potent and dangerous; however, once the radioactive contamination is reduced
through the placement of the ventilation system, workers will be able to stay
in the hot-spot longer to install a cooling system. If all goes well, the
cooling system will be used to produce a cold shutdown of the damaged reactor.

The Tokyo Electric Company hopes to diminish the
contamination to levels suitable for additional work in a two to three day
timeframe. At this juncture, workers will be able to stay for extended periods
while wearing protective suits, masks and air tanks.

The plant, located roughly 150 miles north of Tokyo, had its
cooling systems destroyed when the massive tsunami struck the nation’s Pacific
coast as a result of a tremendous earthquake on March 11th.

In addition to the visible mayhem caused by the disaster,
the nation experienced the worst nuclear accident since Chernobyl, when the
cores of the plant’s reactors overheated and spewed obscene amounts of
radioactive contamination across the surrounding areas.

The storage units that housed reactors 1 and 2 were torn
apart by hydrogen explosions in the first days of the disaster. The cataclysmic
event led to mass evacuations of roughly 80,000 people leaving within a 12-mile
radius of the plant.

Although devastation rocked the country, Japanese workers
have exhibited incredible bravery and sacrifice throughout the restoration
process. The Tokyo Electric company has stated, as a result of the valiant
efforts of the plant’s workers, that a complete shutdown of the plant is
possible in as little as six months.

70 Million combatants – 0 Survivors

70 Million combatants - 0 Survivors

The last known survivor of the 70 million combatants from
Word War I, a British sailor who witnessed the surrender of the German imperial
fleet in 1918, died at the age of 110 on May 5th, 2011.

The solider, Claude Choules, born in Pershore, Wester
England died peacefully in his sleep in the Western Australian city of Perth.

Choules was officially declared the last-known World War I
combatant earlier this year, following the death of United States Veteran Frank
Buckes, who coincidentally passed away at 110.

The death of Choules officially leaves no living souls who
valiantly fought during the massive World War; the only remaining WWI
participant, in a non-combative role, is 110-year-old Florence Green, who
served with the British Royal Air Force.

The Royal Australian Navy offered its condolences on
Thursday, May 5th while Captain Brett Wolski, the Commanding Offices
of the HMAS Stirling, stated that all naval personnel have been adversely
affected by the harrowing announcement.

Choules joined the Royal Navy over 100 years ago, in 1916,
and initially served on the HMS Impregnable, a British training ship based out
of Davenport. While serving on this shit, the young sailor witnessed the
surrender of the German imperial fleet at Firth of Forth, Scotland. Choules,
who was also present for the destruction of the German fleet at Scapa Flow, rose
through the ranks of the British Navy following the end of the War.

During the outbreak of WW II, Claude acted as the chief demolition
officer on the western side of Australia; early in the war Claude was
responsible for disposing of German mines that washed up on shore. As the war
progressed, Claude’s responsibilities shifted to destruction of enemy oil tanks
and facilities  in Fremantle harbor to
mitigate the damage of an expected Japanese attack.

Following the end of World War II, Claude served in the
Australian docks police until his retirement in 1956. Claude, who was married
for 80 years, leaves behind three children, 13 grandchildren, 26
great-grandchildren and three great-great-grandchildren. 

Revenge of the Polar Bear

Revenge of the Polar Bear

One British male has been killed and four other unidentified men have been severely injured in a vicious polar bear attack that took place near the Norwegian Arctic archipelago of Svalbard. 
The five men were members of a British group who were at the Von Postbreen glacier, according to a statement on the Svalbard governor’s website. The nationalities of the four other men have yet be confirmed, but at least two are 
in critical condition.
The men were taken for treatment in Longyearbyen—the largest medical center in Svalbard and approximately 25 miles from the attack. Following treatment in Longyearbyen, the men are expected to be flown to another treatment center in the northern Norwegian city of Tromso. 
The statement added that the Polar Bear was killed for the attacks on the men. 
The United Kingdom’s Foreign Office confirmed that the British man was mauled to death. This attack came shortly after the website posted a notice warning of Polar Bear sightings near Longyearben. Seeking out or disturbing the endangered species is banned under local laws. 

Sleeping Grandpa Mistaken for Corpse

Sleeping Grandpa Mistaken for Corpse

A 50-year-old South African man woke up inside a mortuary this past weekend and immediately screamed to be let out—the man’s screams scared attendants who thought they were being harassed by a ghost.
The man’s family presumed he was dead when they could not wake him on Saturday night (July 23rd). In response to their failed attempts of waking the man up, the family contacted a private morgue in a rural village in the Eastern Cape. 
The man spent almost a full 24 hours inside the morgue; the man—whose identity has been kept anonymous—was treated in a local hospital for dehydration. “Doctors put him under observation and concluded he was in stable condition; he did not need further treatment,” said, Sizwe Kupelo, the region’s health department spokesman.
Mr. Kupelo went onto elaborate by saying the man woke up at 1700 local time on Sunday, demanding to be let out of his chilly morgue in the Libode village.
In response to the bizarre situation and circumstances surrounding the story, officials have urged the public to contact emergency services so professionals can officially pronounce someone dead before contacting a mortuary or undertaker.  

“I can hear my Insides”

“I can hear my Insides”

Doctors in England were baffled when Stephen Mabbutt told them: “I can hear my eyeballs moving.”
Mabbutt, aged 57 and father of two, was experiencing severe auto phony—a symptom of the rare superior canal dehiscence syndrome, which makes organs and body parts resonate and become audible. This bizarre illness, which was relatively unknown until ten years ago, drives patients mad as a result of the cacophonous noises beamed from internal organs and other body parts.  
Mabbutt had originally complained that, while chewing food, the noise reverberating from his nostrils grew insufferable. Additionally, Mabbutt also complained that his heart beat had become deafening to him.
Over six years, Mabbutt’s condition worsened as other bodily noises joined in the obtrusive chorus. Mabbutt said to various news outlets Monday: “I was sitting quietly alone in the house one evening and I suddenly heard this quite loud scratchy noise, like sandpaper being rubbed on wood. I was quite alarmed and looked around, wondering what it was. Then I notice the noise came every time I moved my eyes. I started to think I was going mad. The first symptoms appeared around 2005. I found if I raised my voice I’d get a vibration in my head.”
The 57-year-old coordinator of Banbury, Oxfordshire went on to say: “Doctors claimed it was congestion and gave me a number of sprays, drops and antibiotics, but nothing worked.” 
Following numerous trips to the doctors, Mabbutt received a CT scan, which revealed a tiny hole in the temporal bone in Stephen’s skull. This opening allowed fluid from the semicircular canals of the inner ear to leak into Stephen’s brain causing bodily-noises to funnel in.
An operation to fill the hole cured Stephen’s unusual problem. Richard Irving, a consultant overseeing the operation, said: “It is a very unusual condition and difficult to spot. There may be one case for every 500,000 people in the United Kingdom.”

Game Over: Boy Dies from X-Box Addiction

Game Over: Boy Dies from X-Box Addiction

London, England—The family of a rising computer programmer launched a campaign on Sunday, July 31st to raise awareness regarding the health risks of playing video and online computer games. This initiative, although altruistic, was spawned from personal tragedy. 
20-year-old Chris Staniforth, died following a marathon session on his Xbox gaming system. An autopsy revealed that the budding computer programmer—who was offered a scholarship to study Game Design at Leicester University—was killed by a pulmonary embolism, due to Staniforth’s lack of movement and fixation on high-resolution graphics and images. 
Deep vein thrombosis, which typically affects passengers on lengthy plane trips, is attacking young gamers who are susceptible to spending hours glued to their television screens. Professor Brian Colvin, an expert on blood-related conditions, said it is “unhealthy” for young people to spend long periods of time, without significant movement, in front of their gaming devises. 
David Staniforth, the father of the young boy who tragically died late last week, launched the campaign mentioned above to warn other parents of the dangers that gaming consoles impose on children. “Games are fun and once you’ve started playing it’s hard to stop. Kids all over the country are playing these games for long periods—they don’t realize it could kill them,” said Staniforth. 
A coroner’s court in Sheffield (hometown of the Staniforth’s) was told that the young man—who had no medical history—was complaining of a low heart rate before he collapsed outside of the medical center. 
A shaken David Staniforth told reporters early Monday that his son would spend up to 12 hours playing on his Xbox and that he had “gotten sucked in playing Halo online against gamers from all over the world.”

101 years later: Death in the Sky

101 years later: Death in the Sky

According to a report issued by the Ohio State Highway Patrol, a replica of the 1910 aircraft built by flight pioneers, Wilbur and Orville Wright, crashed Saturday in a field outside of Springfield, Ohio, killing the two men aboard. 
The replica aircraft was reported downed shortly before 10:45 a.m., the state agency said in an official statement. The plane, flown by Don Gum, aged 73 of Beaver Creek, Ohio, and Mitchell Cary, aged 65, of Yellow Springs, Ohio had taken off from Springfield Beckley Municipal Airport.
The cause of the crash is currently under investigation according to the highway patrol, the Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board.
The plane, owned by Wright Flyer Inc. (a volunteer nonprofit group) was an identical copy of the Wright Model B aircraft produced seven years after the brothers’ famously celebrated first powered flight. 
The replica aircraft began test flights in June of this year; at this time the planes performed well. The aircraft, which utilizes modern controls, materials and up-to-date engine, tragically incinerated on impact. Gum and Cary were members of the non-profit’s board of trustees and were both regarded as highly competent pilots with extensive experience.  

LexisNexis Law School

LexisNexis Law School service is available for the use of both students
and faculty members. LexisNexis can help people with citing sources for
their legal arguments, preparing for classes which they will be taking
or giving, and other functions involved in law school. The LexisNexis
Law School function offers, among other things, Shepard’s Citation
Service, which can enable people to find such various required pieces of
documentation as relevant cases, pertinent statutes, other sources, and

Law School services also include the LexisNexis Web Courses, which can
be used, to some extent, to supply materials for a legal class. This
LexisNexis Law School function was also offered to allow students and
educators to more readily interact with each other and share information
and updates as to readings and tests. This LexisNexis Law School
“Virtual Classroom” function is enabled through the Blackboard
online function. Additionally, the LexisNexis Law School Faculty User
Community has been made available to users in order to carry out legal
research, and cite the documents which they discover, more effectively.
The LexisNexis Law School program can help people learn more readily as
how they can more readily discover how to secure permission for
republication of legal materials. The LexisNexis Law School can thus
allow people to set up Customs IDs and personalize the services offered
through the law school. People can thus refer to a LexisNexis Law School
Account Representative or a LexisNexis Law School librarian, as may be
necessary for obtaining an Activation Code.